Recently, I noticed that I am being conscious with the food I prepare. I found myself avoiding preservatives from processed food and looking for cheaper but healthy alternatives. This makes me happy and contented when experimenting on something. Because I am sure it’s healthy and I won’t waste money if it turns out uneatable due to awful taste (so far there’s no such result yet from my experiments).
This sugarless banana mango yogurt smoothie is very simple and easy to prepare (just like any other smoothies out there) yet full of health benefits. Instead of sugar, I used honey which is healthier than table sugar, here is the honey vs. sugar comparison I found. It says here that honey is more expensive than sugar but it is sweeter than sugar. Thus, small amount of honey is enough for each preparation that makes no big difference in terms of cost. Yogurt has lots of benefits as well. I am amazed how it works in our body after reading this information about yogurt .
Last but not the least, banana and mango are well known for their vitamins & other health benefits but it’s best to know the specific and amazing facts about these two. I am sure you will be encouraged to prepare this at home whether you are on a slimming program, you are in a not so good health condition or simply a health conscious person.
Here are the ingredients and quick procedure.
- 1 medium-sized ripe mango
- 2 medium-sized banana
- ½ cup yogurt, unsweetened & unflavored
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cup ice cube
- Peel the mango. Make 2 to 3 cuts on both sides towards its seed, horizontally and vertically. Then slice parallel to the seed (this way you’ll get small cube pieces). Put in the blender.
- Peel the banana. Cut into pieces and put in the blender
- Pour the yogurt, honey and ice cubes in the blender.
- Blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour in the glasses and enjoy!