Yes, you heard it right! In just 10 minutes!
This is the easiest and fastest way to prepare crema de fruta.
Crema de fruta is a popular dessert in the Philippines. There are various ways in making this delicious dessert. In this recipe, you just need to buy all the ingredients, arrange them in layers. Then, chill it!
Recently, I am trying cheaper and less preservatives whenever it is possible. In this crema de fruta, I used homemade condensed milk and it seems to be creamier for my taste buds. However, finding cheaper alternative and using less preservative ingredients need additional time and effort in most cases. It took me more than an hour to make a homemade condensed milk from cow fresh milk while reading a pocket book in between.
- 340g condensed milk
- 155g all purpose cream
- 1 pack graham biscuits or any other biscuit available (20-24 pieces)
- 340g fruit cocktail, drained
- Fresh fruits (i.e. apple, seedless grape, cantaloupe), cut into small piece
- Mix the condensed milk and all purpose cream. Set aside.
- Crush 2 to 3 biscuits. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the fruit cocktail and the fresh fruits. Set aside.
- In a square (or rectangular) bowl, arrange the biscuits as the first layer, covering the whole bottom area.
- Spread ⅓ of the fruits on top of the biscuit, distribute evenly.
- Spread ⅓ of the milk-cream mixture on top of the fruit cocktail, distribute evenly.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 twice (to make three alternating layers of each ingredient).
- Sprinkle the crushed biscuit on top layer.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour or in the chiller for not less than 30mins.
Note: This crema de fruta is best served when chilled and it is tastier when the milk mixture creeps into the biscuits completely, thus, the longer you chill it the creamier it will be. You can either have fruit cocktail only or fresh fruits only. The latter is healthier option.